Premises licence

Premises selling or supplying alcohol, providing entertainment or providing hot food must have a premises licence.

Changes and variations to your licence

Once your licence has been approved, you can apply to vary the conditions, change the details on it or report it lost or stolen.

Make a variation to a premises licence

If you wish to vary the hours or types of the licensable activities or are making big structural changes to the licensed premises then a variation will be required.

How to apply

Before applying please contact the licensing team at for the correct reference number.

You can either:

Send the completed form to the licensing team:

Croydon Council, Licensing Team
6th Floor, Zone A
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk
Croydon CR0 1EA


The variation application fees are based on the business rates rateable value (RV) of the premises. To find out a premises business rates rateable value please go to the Valuation Office Agency website.

After you know the rateable value, you should check the table of fees to see where your fee band is.

Band A B C D E
Rateable value (commercial) £0 to £4,300 £4,301 to £33,000 £33,001 to £87,000 £87,001 to £125,000 £125,001 and over
Full Variation fee £100 £190 £315 £450 £625

Display a notice in your premises

When you apply for a variation to a premises licence or club premises certificate you must display a notice at or on the premises where it can be seen by members of the public.

Download the premises notice (Doc, 28KB)

Apply for a minor variation of premises certificate

To make minor alterations to the internal layout of the club or to remove any conditions on the certificate, you can apply to make a minor variation.

Change the details of your licence or report it lost or damaged

There's a different process if you want to: