How to apply

Before you apply, you should consider how your licensable activity will be carried out with regards to ensuring children are protected from harm.

For more information, visit licensing activities – Croydon Safeguarding Children Partnership

Information you need to provide

Your application must include:

  • a scale plan of the premises in the prescribed form
  • a signed copy of the designated premises supervisor consent form if you’re planning to sell alcohol
  • proof of your right to work in the United Kingdom (if you're applying as an individual)
  • the relevant fee

Ways to apply for a premise licence

You can apply online or by downloading an application form. 

Apply online

Apply for a new premises licence

By post

Download and complete the premises application form (Word, 104 KB)

Designated Premises Supervisor consent

All premises licence applications where there is going to be sale and supply of alcohol require the consent of the Designated Premises Supervisor. The consent form must be completed and signed by the Designated Premises Supervisor and submitted with the premises licence application.

Download the consent of individual to being specified as premises supervisor (PDF, 90 KB)


Premises licence fees
Band A B C D E
Rateable value (commercial) £0 to £4,300 £4,301 to £33,000 £33,001 to £87,000 £87,001 to £125,000 £125,001 and over
New application fee £100 £190 £315 £450 £625
Annual fee £70 £180 £295 £320 £350

The annual fee is payable on the anniversary of the grant of the licence.

How to pay

You can pay the licence fee online using our payment portal, by phone, or by post.


  • open our online payment portal
  • select 'licences/registrations/permits' from the Product search drop-down at the top of the page and press View
  • then select 'Premises licence application' and follow the instructions
  • return a copy of your payment receipt with your application

By phone

You can pay using a credit or debit card by phoning the licensing team on the number at the bottom of the page.

By post

Send a cheque or postal order for the relevant amount made payable to Croydon Council. We do not accept cash. 

Submit your application, supporting documents and fee

You'll need to submit your forms, supporting documents and your payment (or online payment receipt) to the Licensing team at the address below.

Licensing team

Licensing team, 6th Floor, Zone A, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk
Croydon CR0 1EA
United Kingdom