Premises licence

Premises selling or supplying alcohol, providing entertainment or providing hot food must have a premises licence.

Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)

If you own a premises that supplies alcohol, you are required to have a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS).

You cannot serve alcohol from a premises if there is no DPS listed on the licence.

When to apply

If your designated premises supervisor (DPS) no longer works at the premises, the premises licence holder will need to apply for a licence variation to specify someone new.

How to apply

Before applying please contact the licensing team at for the correct reference number.

You can either:

Send the completed form to the licensing team:

Croydon Council, Licensing Team
6th Floor, Zone A
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk
Croydon CR0 1EA


It costs £23.

After you've applied

Your application will be processed in approximately 14 days, you will be sent the updated premises licence and premises licence summary.

The premises licence must be kept at the premises under the control of the Premises licence holder or of a person who works at the premises who has been nominated in writing by the licence holder for the purpose.

The premises licence summary, must be prominently displayed at the premises together with a notice specifying the position held by the person who the premises licence holder has nominated in writing to keep control of the premises licence.

Photocopies of the premises licences should not be made, but one copy certified by a practising solicitor may be made