Report a lost, stolen or damaged alcohol certificate or licence

You'll need to let us know about your licence and pay a small fee for a replacement.

Club licences

If your certificate has been lost or stolen you should write to the licensing team and explain what has happened to your licence.

Personal licences

You'll need to complete the notification form and provide one passport sized photograph signed by an approved signatory.

The police will no longer issue a crime reference number for the loss or theft of a personal licence.

Download the notification of theft or loss or damage of a personal licence form (PDF, 74.5KB)

Premises licences

If your premises licence has been lost or stolen you should firstly report this to your local police station who will provide you with a crime reference number.

Visit the Metropolitan Police for more information.


It costs £10.50 for a replacement licence.

How to pay

You can pay the licence fee online using our payment portal, by phone, or by post.


  • open our online payment portal
  • select 'licences/registrations/permits' from the Product search drop-down at the top of the page and press View
  • then select 'Personal licence amendment' and follow the instructions
  • return a copy of your payment receipt with your application

By phone

You can pay using a credit or debit card by phoning the licensing team on the number at the bottom of the page.

By post

Send a cheque or postal order for £10.50 made payable to Croydon Council. We do not accept cash. 

Submit your explanation or notification form

You'll need to submit your form or explanation along with the fee (or your online payment receipt) and any supporting document to the Licensing Team at the address below.

Licensing team

Croydon Council
6th Floor, Zone A
8 Mint Walk, Bernard Weatherill House
Croydon CR0 1EA
United Kingdom