You must be 18 or over and have the right to work in the UK to apply for a premises licence. 

For guidance and advice on applying for a premises licence, you can:

If your premises is under construction

You can apply for a provisional statement while your premises is being constructed, extended or altered for the purpose of being used for one or more licensable activities.

Obtaining a provisional statement does not convert into a premises licence once the construction is complete.

How to apply

Apply online for a provisional statement

If your premises will sell food and drink

You'll need to register your premises if you will be selling food. You'll need to do this at least 28 days before the business opens to the public.

Register your food business

If your premises will play live music

Download the guidance note on live music (PDF, 28KB)

Licensing policy, legislation summary and conditions

Download the Croydon Council statement of licensing policy (PDF, 1 MB)

Cumulative Impact Assessment

Cumulative impact assessment (PDF, 652 KB)

An assessment of the impact licensed premises can have on crime and disorder, nuisance and the demand on local services in Croydon.

Licensing Act 2003 – legislation.gov.uk

Guidance on mandatory licensing conditions – GOV.UK