London Borough of Croydon

Concessionary repairs scheme

We offer concessionary repairs if you are a tenant living in a sheltered or special sheltered housing property, or are aged 70 years or more you will not be responsible for:

  • replacing internal doors, hinges, locks and brackets
  • repairing and maintaining internal door frames and skirting boards
  • repairing and replacing all kitchen cupboards
  • clearing blocked internal waste pipes and traps
  • replacing strip lighting and light bulbs in sealed bathroom units
  • minor repairs to floors, including tiles and other floor coverings*
  • minor repairs to plaster*
  • repair to minor cracks to ceilings*
  • replacing toilet seats
  • tiling to walls in kitchens and bathroom
  • replacing any smoke detectors fitted in the property
  • repairing and replacing fences between private gardens
  • repairing and replacing paths in private gardens
  • replacing washing lines
  • all repairs to free standing sheds in private gardens

* minor repairs are those that are possible to carry out without the need for special tools or expensive materials and equipment.

We also offer this service to people who are registered disabled, but to be entitled to this service you must first provide us with current evidence or your eligibility (dated within the last 6 months). This evidence must be for the tenant who holds the tenancy agreement for the property.

Please note: If the tenancy holder is registered disabled, but there is another able bodied adult living in the property e.g. spouse or adult children, who could carry out the repair then you will not be entitled to the scheme.

Acceptable evidence:

  • your blue badge
  • letter from the DWP confirming your Disability Living Allowance
  • another form of evidence from DWP that shows you are receiving Disability Living Allowance or a Personal Independence Payment

Letters showing income support entitlement, copies of bank statements or letters from GP’s are not acceptable forms of evidence.

If you would like to join our concessionary repair scheme, you will need to download and complete the form, and return it with the appropriate documentation for approval before a concessionary repair can be carried out. If you do not have access to download the form, you can request this by calling us on the number shown in the contacts below.

You can return the documentation either by:

  • email with scanned copies of the appropriate documentation attached to:
  • by post with photocopies of the documentation to Responsive Repairs team, Floor 3, Zone D, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA
  • or bring the documents to Access Croydon, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, CR0 1EA

For more information about concessionary repairs, please see our booklet ‘ Repair Guide for Tenants’ which you can download.


Concessionary repairs - council housing

020 8760 5768 extn. 63571
Address Line:

Responsive Repairs

Floor 3, Zone D Bernard Weatherill House

8 Mint Walk

Croydon CR0 1EA


Help downloading files