London Borough of Croydon

Landlord schemes and help for house owners

Landlord schemes and help for house owners services & information

  • Letting Schemes for Landlords

    Schemes and incentives that we can offer you if you let your property to the council.  Advice for landlords on letting property

  • London Landlords Accreditation Scheme (LLAS)

    Want to make sure you're a good landlord? Then sign up to the London Landlord Accreditation Scheme (LLAS). Find out what it is and how you can take part.

  • Loans for repairs to private property

    While responsibility for the repair and maintenance of private housing lies with the homeowner or landlord, loans are available for essential repairs and adaptations.

  • Houses in multiple occupation (HMO)

    Licensing for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

  • Staying Put Service

    There are schemes are available to help older, disabled and other vulnerable people remain in their homes. These include the handy person service and help in the garden. Find out more information.

  • Croydon private rented property licence

    The Housing Act 2004 has given councils the power to introduce the licensing of privately rented properties to improve conditions for tenants and the local community.

  • Disabled facilities grant

    The disabled facilities grant is available for a range of work that will help a disabled person remain in their home.

  • Empty properties

    If you own an empty property or want to report an empty property in the borough, or if you are interested in buying an empty property or leasing property in the borough we can provide advice on bringing properties back into use, including information on available grants and loan schemes.

  • Housing health and safety rating system

    The housing health and safety rating system is a risk assessment tool used to assess potential risks to the health and safety of occupants in residential properties.

  • Immigration inspections for visa purposes

    Immigration inspections for visa purposes have to be carried out by a qualified environmental health officer