Paying your rent
There are a number of ways to pay your rent.
Ways you can pay your rent
There are advantages to paying your rent by direct debit and many of our tenants are doing just that. We will even give you a one-off payment of £15 when you set up a rent direct debit and £5 for garages.
Once you have agreed to pay by direct debit you will benefit from:
- automatic payments - you no longer have to remember to pay each month
- payment date options - you can choose to have your payments taken on either the 1st, 7th, 4th or the 25th of each month
- if a credit (pre-payment) or debit (arrears) is created on your rent account, your direct debit payment will be recalculated to take into consideration any changes to your account for the remaining monthly payments; you will receive 5 days notification of any changes to your direct debit payments
- when a tenancy ends the direct debit automatically ends the council will update your direct debit every year and inform you of any changes
To start paying by direct debit, download, complete and return the rents direct debit form below.
Housing Online service
When you first use the Housing online service, you will need to create an account.
To create an account you will need the following:
- Email address
- Rent account number
- Full name – first and last name
- Date of birth
Make a payment
You can still make individual online payments on your account.
Download a standing order form below. Write your rent account number on the form before sending it to your bank or building society.
If your tenancy ends, it will be your responsibility to cancel the standing order.
Post office and PayPoint outlets
You can pay your rent and council tax at post offices and PayPoint outlets throughout the region using the payment card.
Find your nearest PayPoint outlet.
You can make a credit or debit card payment by telephone on 0345 3000 614.
Use these account details:
Bank: National Westminster Bank plc. Head office
Collection Sort Code: 57-10-70
Account Number: 01000624
Payable to: Croydon Council
If you need to contact your income officer, use our online form.
Housing assessments and solutions telephone: 020 8726 6100.
Housing Rent direct debit form (PDF, 1.6MB)
Managing debt fact sheet (PDF, 73.9KB)
Managing your money fact sheet (PDF, 71.9KB)
Housing rent standing order form (PDF, 34.6KB)