There are a range of benefits that you can claim, depending on your circumstances. These benefits are issued by both Croydon Council and by the government. To find out how much you might be entitled to, start by using our benefits calculator

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs if you're on a low income or aren't working. It’s administered by the Department of Welfare and Pensions (DWP). Find out more about Universal Credit on GOV.UK.

Housing Benefit

Most residents in Croydon do not need to apply for Housing Benefit, as Universal Credit includes money for rent. Certain groups of people are still entitled to Housing Benefit. Find out more about Housing Benefit.

Council Tax Support

If you're on a low income, you may be able to get some support to help pay your Council Tax, in the form of Council Tax Support. Council Tax Support is administered by Croydon Council. Find out more about Council Tax Support

Changes in your earnings due to coronavirus

If your earnings have been affected by the coronavirus pandemic, you can apply for financial help with your Housing Benefit or your Council Tax. Tell us your income has been affected by the coronavirus

Emergency support

If you live in Croydon, are in financial hardship and need emergency support, you can apply for help from the discretionary support fund. Find out more about the Croydon discretionary support fund.

You can also apply to the discretionary support fund if you need help with housing payments. Find out more about discretionary housing payments.

Manage your benefits in My Account

You can view your payment dates, download notification letters and see a breakdown of your benefits claim, 24 hours a day 7 days a week in My Account - benefits.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Office hours
Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday Closed


Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, Croydon Council, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA , United Kingdom