Council Tax support

Help to pay your council tax if you are on a low income or receive benefits.

If you're on a low income or receive benefits, you can apply for council tax support to help pay your council tax bill. Your bill could be reduced by up to 100%.

You can apply if:

  • you own your home
  • you rent
  • you are unemployed or working

Your council tax is still due and payable whilst your application is being assessed. Please ensure you continue to pay as per your last council tax bill to avoid recovery action.

Start by using the benefits calculator to see how much council tax support you could get.

Start now

How we work out your Council Tax support

Find out how we work out your council tax support.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax support

Office hours
Monday - Friday9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday - SundayClosed

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
Croydon Council, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk
Croydon CR0 1EA
United Kingdom