Early education funding for 2 year olds

If you have a 2 year old you may be entitled to 570 hours of funded childcare a year, usually taken as 15 hours a week over 38 weeks, from the term following their second birthday. 

You will have to meet criteria so to see if you are eligible.

Find out how to receive and if you're eligible for funding – Family Space Croydon website.

Childcare Choices

You can use the government's Childcare Choices website to see if you are eligible for:

  • Early education funding for 3 and 4 year olds – all 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to 570 hours of funded childcare a year – usually taken as 15 hours a week for 38 weeks – from the term following their third birthday
  • Tax-free childcare – for every £8 you pay in the government will add £2. You can receive up to £2000 a year for each child under 12
  • Tax Credits or Universal Credit for childcare – for working families entitled to Working Tax Credit or Universal Credit, who work 16 hours a week or more. You may be able to claim up to 85% of your eligible childcare costs for children under 16. 
  • Help when studying – you maybe able to get help from Care to Learn if you are in sixth form or in school, through your college if you are in further education or through the Childcare Grant Scheme if you are in higher education. 

Find out if you are eligible and how to apply – Childcare Choices GOV.UK.