Find out how to start or renew a garden waste collection. This service offers collections every 2 weeks for £71.02 a year.
What goes in your garden waste bin
What we collect
We can collect:
- grass and hedge clippings
- small branches - no bigger than 30 cm in length
- weeds (but not Japanese Knotweed)
- twigs and sticks
- fallen fruit
- flowers and house plants
Please note: all garden waste including branches must be able to fit into your bin with the lid closed.
What we do not collect
We do not collect:
- bricks, rubble or soil
- plastic plant pots and containers
- large branches or logs
- Japanese Knotweed
- liquids (for example paint, pesticides, weed killer)
- food waste
Where to take things we do not collect
You may be able to take things we do not collect to a reuse and recycling centre.