London Borough of Croydon

Information for Council tenants

Information for Council tenants services & information

  • Flexible Tenancies

    We will offer most eligible applicants a fixed term flexible tenancy. We consider this reasonable in the majority of cases as it allows for a regular review of the needs of the tenant and their household, a review of how the tenancy has been conducted, and an opportunity to look at current and future housing options

  • Housing tenancy services

    Tenancy officers deal with enquiries relating to council homes and their residents.

  • Paying your rent

    Ways in which council tenants can pay their rent and contact information for those needing help to make their payments.

  • Council garages

    Looking for somewhere to park your car or motorbike? We have a selection of garages available for rent throughout the borough.

  • Conditions of tenancy

    Your responsibilities and the council's responsibilities in respect of your tenancy

  • Council housing - nuisance and threatening behaviour

    Advice on how to deal with nuisance behaviour such as noise, harassment and anti-social behaviour.

  • Repairs to Council homes

    Our responsibilities, your responsibilities, how to report a repair, repairs that are rechargeable and dealing with repairs in communal areas.

  • Home safety advice

    We give practical help and advice on ways to prevent accidents in the home.

  • Housing estate services

    Council housing caretaking service and neighbourhood warden service

  • Communal entrance door keys and fobs

    Replacement or additional communal entrance keys or fobs are available to purchase from the Lettings Team at Bernard Weatherill House.

  • If you want to move

    Find out how to transfer. There are also grants  available for those moving to a smaller home.

  • Change of tenancy

    Situations for which you can apply to have your tenancy agreement changed.

  • Council Housing Estate permits

    If you are a permanent resident living in a Council owned housing estate you can obtain a parking permit that allows you to park your car within the estate’s car park designated area only.

  • Home insurance

    We have set up a home contents insurance scheme, exclusively for our tenants, making it simple and affordable for you to insure your valuable possessions.

  • Housing fraud

    Stop housing cheats. How to recognise and report illegally occupied homes.

  • Estate inspections

    Estate inspections take place three times a year on our council estates. A small group of residents inspects the area with officers from the tenancy, neighbourhood services and repairs teams.

  • Council estates parking

    Find out if you can apply for a parking permit for the council estate where you live

  • Croydon community mediation service

    Croydon Community Mediation (CCM) offers an impartial mediation service to borough residents.

  • Privacy notice - lone workers device

    Croydon landlord services is trialling the use of an electronic device for council staff who are required to work on their own when visiting residents and/or working within the community.