Council estates parking

Find out if you can apply for a parking permit for the council estate where you live

If you are a permanent resident living in a council-owned housing estate (detailed below) you can obtain a parking permit that allows you to park your car within the estate’s car park or roads only. It will not allow you to park your car on other streets in your area that are covered by normal parking restrictions. 

Housing estates covered by our parking scheme are:

  • Albury Court/Bramley Hill
  • Birchfields / Southlands
  • Cromwell House
  • Croydon Grove     
  • Duppas Hill Lane
  • Eastney Road
  • Garnet Road
  • Gatestone Road
  • Gillet Road
  • Handcroft Road
  • Heathfield Gardens
  • Leighton Street
  • Messer/Keeling/Morris
  • Sumner Gardens
  • The Elms (Tavistock Road)
  • Violet Lane
  • Waddon (Hyde Housing)
  • Whitehorse Road

How to apply

Apply now

To apply for a permit you must meet all the following criteria:

  • be a permanent resident within a council-run housing estate (full list above)
  • be the registered keeper of the vehicle
  • your name and address appear must be on the electoral register or council tax records

What you need to apply:

  • digital copy (photo/scan) of your V5C registration document (not the new keeper supplement); this must show your current address on the estate you are applying for a permit
  • MOT certificate
  • vehicular insurance document
  • credit or debit card


The cost of a yearly permit is:

  • first permit (and renewal) price £39
  • second permit (and renewal) price £78

For details of the cost of an on-street parking permit, visit the parking pages.

Related pages

Council garages