- Service updates
- If you received a letter from the NHS
- COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Getting help with your council tax
- Keeping our community safe
- Support for hardship or difficulties
- Business support and advice
- Volunteering and community groups
- Rubbish and recycling collection services
- School closures and places
- Health and wellbeing advice
Rubbish and recycling collection services
Recycling and waste collections are taking place but with a reduced workforce. Collections of general waste and food waste are being prioritised.
You may find that your recycling or waste is collected later than usual - if your collection is missed, please leave your bins at your normal point of collection. We will try to return in the coming days to empty your bins, but you may have to wait until your next scheduled collection. You can still report your missed collection via My Account. We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Garden waste collections
Garden waste collections are taking place but with a reduced workforce. If you have subscribed to the service, you may find that your garden waste is collected later than usual. If your collection is missed today, please leave your bin at your normal point of collection. We will try to return in the coming days to empty your bin(s). We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Ordering of new bins suspended
Bin orders have been suspended to allow our service to support other priority services.
Bulky waste collection service suspended
Bulky waste collections have been suspended to allow crew members to be re-deployed to support other priority services. If you have bulky waste items, please store these securely in your home until we are able to reinstate the bulky waste collection service. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Household reuse and recycling centres closed
All centres are closed until further notice.
Bulky items, garden waste, DIY waste and other waste should be stored safely on your property until travel restrictions are lifted and the sites are able to re-open.
Neighbourhood recycling centres closed
Council-operated neighbourhood recycling sites across the borough have been closed with immediate effect. This will allow more resources to keep the recycling and waste collection services running. RecycleNow lists local recycling banks but this information may not be up to date and may list the council-operated sites that have been closed.
Self isolating households
Residents should continue to use their recycling and rubbish collection services as normal, but households that are self-isolating should follow the government's stay at home advice which states:
• store personal waste, such as used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths, within disposable rubbish bags
• place these bags into a second bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste
• these bags should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external general waste bin
• do not take this waste to your local household reuse and recycling centre
Please dispose of your other household waste as normal.