Staying put helps older, disabled and other vulnerable people who need advice and assistance to carry out repairs or adaptations to their homes.
How can we help you?
- visit your home and assess the proposed repairs or adaptation
- discuss payment for the work and arrange for any grants or loans you may be entitled to meet the cost
- arrange for the work specifications to be prepared
- organise trustworthy builders to do the work.
How much will it cost?
Fees charged will be between 10% and 15% of the final cost of work. The exact amount will depend on the type and scale of work.
Fees are calculated on the cost of work before VAT is added.
Please note: a fee is charged even when the works are paid for by a loan or grant. It is normally included in the loan or grant amount.
What repair work/adaptations can be done?
- repairs to a leaking roof
- damp-proofing and rewiring
- loft and other insulation
- structural work
- bathroom fixtures and fittings
- downstairs WC and washing facilities
- rearrangement of rooms for easier access.
How do I apply?
To apply complete the online form.