For private or housing association properties, the disabled facilities grant is available for a range of work that will help a disabled person remain in their home.

You can apply for a grant if you are:

  • a tenant or owner of a property
  • a landlord on behalf of a disabled tenant.

Please Note: You need to be 18 or over to qualify for a Disabled Facilities Grant.  These grants are to help you remain in your home.

If you are a parent or guardian of a disabled child under 18 years of age, please contact  the CRYSTAL Centre team (OT for children) : Tel: 020 8274 6854  or email

The person who applies for the grant does not have to be the disabled person seeking the adaptations. However, the person applying will be asked to sign a certificate stating that the disabled person will occupy the home being adapted for at least five years.

This time requirement may be shortened due to the disabled person's health or other relevant factors.

Whoever applies for the grant must produce a certificate of ownership or tenancy.

If you qualify for a grant, we will pay for the cost of the adaptations needed to your home up to a maximum of £30,000 inclusive of all fees, planning costs and VAT chargeable

Major adaptations referrals process (PDF, 200 KB)

Adult Social Care


Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk
Croydon CR0 1EA
United Kingdom