Community Equipment Service
Who we are
A resident-centric quality service providing wheelchairs and community equipment to the residents of Croydon and partners boroughs. Our service focusses on delivering important healthcare and social priorities, by promoting social inclusion and relieving pressure on acute hospitals.
What we do
We provide equipment such as:
- profiling beds
- high back chairs
- bathing equipment
- mobility aids
- community beds
- toilet aids
Why we are proud of our service
- we offer an efficient and cost-effective mechanism for supporting independent living
- we operate a resident-focused service of high quality
- we ensure the effective management of community equipment resource for Croydon and all partners
YourCare provides independence, choice and control to self-funding customers for daily living equipment. It improves access to assessment, products, information and advice that aid daily living, via the normal retail environment. It offers an online and physical retail outlet through which customers can receive expert face to face advice and purchase directly. It offers an environment that supports holistic assessment of equipment need and demonstrates product ranges including technology such as telecare.
Croydon Wheelchair Service
The aim of the wheelchair and posture service is to maximise the mobility and independence and improve the quality of life of service users and their carers, through timely access to appropriate assessment, provision and maintenance of equipment.
Wheelchairs provide a significant gateway to independence, wellbeing and quality of life for thousands of adults and children. They play a substantial role in facilitating social inclusion and improving life chances through work and education.
The service is based within the local community and provide eligible people with manual or powered wheelchairs, following referral by a healthcare professional such as a GP or physiotherapist.
The service does not provide wheelchairs for short-term use (less than 6 months)
The service covers the following elements:
- assessment, prescription and supply of powered and manual wheelchairs and associated modification service (postural seating accessories)
- rehabilitation engineering facilities
- service, repair, reconditioning and delivery, collection