Croydon's bereavement service adheres to the Charter for the Bereaved, drawn up by the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management.
We provide a service to people of all faiths and beliefs; consulting with faiths and groups regarding future burial provision via 'The Faiths Together In Croydon' forum.
Support to help you prepare
For people who want to prepare in advance, we can answer questions, help with bereavement training and provide free community-focused assistance, including open days and guided walks of our grounds. For more information, contact our bereavement services team on the details below.
Has the funeral been arranged?
If the funeral has not already been arranged and if no one is able or willing to do this, we may be able to help. We will, however, make a claim on the deceased's estate to pay for the funeral. For more information contact the funeral officer on the number below.
We have a variety of leaflets that will help you prepare for a funeral. Most of the listed leaflets are available as printable pdf’s and can be downloaded below. If the leaflet you require is not available as a download please contact our bereavement services team on the details available below.
Preparing for a funeral
Arranging a funeral without a funeral director
5. Family arranged burial (DIY)
6. Family arranged cremation (DIY)
Burial at Greenlawn Memorial Park
Burial at Mitcham Road or Queen's Road Cemetery
Burial and cremation charges
13. Fees and charges (valid from 1 April 2018, subject to change)
Know Your Funeral Rights (Rites)
Tuesday 9 October 2018 - 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Croydon Bereavement Services
Croydon, CR9 3AT
An informal and friendly seminar where you can ask whatever you want about funeral arrangements, cremation or burial, services at Croydon, memorials, or anything else that is bereavement related.
Learn how to be in control of a funeral and the costs in order to obtain the type of funeral you want. Learn what an executor is, the pro’s and con’s of using a funeral director and learn about environmentally-friendly coffins. An optional “behind the scenes” tour is at 3.45pm.
All are welcome, though please call 020 8684 3877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place.
Download the event flyer.
Bereavement services events programme 2018
- Bereavement services events programme 2018 [656.5KB]
- Funeral options & advice 2018 [329.1KB]
- Burial and cremation fees 2018/19 [384.3KB]
- DIY cremation family arranged [137.6KB]
- Greenlawn Memorial Park - rules & regulations [235.8KB]
- Memorial brochure 2018 [1.4MB]
- Questions people ask about cremation [384.0KB]
- /Reclaimed cremated graves 2018/19 [429.5KB]
- Reclaimed graves 2018/19 [446.7KB]
- Advance funeral directive application and guidance note [225.4KB]
- Public Health Funerals arranged by Croydon Council since the year 2000 [16.1KB]
- Public memorial fees list 2018/19 [384.3KB]
- Know Your Funeral Rights (Rites) - Tuesday 9 October 2018 [275.1KB]