Croydon's bereavement service adheres to the Charter for the Bereaved, drawn up by the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management.
We provide a service to people of all faiths and beliefs; consulting with faiths and groups regarding future burial provision via The Faiths Together in Croydon forum.
Support to help you prepare
For people who want to prepare in advance, we can answer questions, help with bereavement training and provide free community-focused assistance, including open days and guided walks of our grounds. For more information, contact our bereavement services team on the details below.
If the funeral has not already been arranged and if no one is able or willing to do this, we may be able to help. We will, however, make a claim on the deceased's estate to pay for the funeral. For more information contact the statutory funeral officer on the number below.
We have a variety of leaflets that will help you prepare for a funeral. Most of the listed leaflets are available as printable pdf documents and can be downloaded below. If the leaflet you require is not available as a download, contact our bereavement services team on the details available below.
Preparing for a funeral
Arranging a funeral without a funeral director
5. Family arranged burial (DIY)
6. Family arranged cremation (DIY)
Burial at Greenlawn Memorial Park
Burial at Mitcham Road or Queen's Road Cemetery
Burial and cremation charges
13. Fees and charges (valid from 1 April 2019, subject to change)
Bereavement services events programme 2020
- DIY cremation family arranged [137.6KB]
- Greenlawn Memorial Park - rules & regulations [235.8KB]
- Questions people ask about cremation [384.0KB]
- Advance funeral directive application and guidance note [225.4KB]
- Public Health Funerals arranged by Croydon Council since the year 2000 [14.0KB]
- Burial and cremation fees 2019/20 [384.4KB]
- Reclaimed Graves 2019/20 [446.5KB]
- Reclaimed Cremated Remains Graves 2019/20 [428.5KB]
- Public Memorial Fees List 2019/2020 [328.2KB]
- Funeral Options and Advice 2020 [328.2KB]
- Events programme 2020 [799.2KB]
- Memorial Brochure 2020 [1.4MB]