Croydon's wheelchair service aims to meet the needs of individuals with a permanent need for a wheelchair, with the overall aim of achieving independence in daily living.
Guide NavigationSkip Guide Navigation
About Croydon's wheelchair service
The wheelchair service aims to meet the needs of individuals with a permanent need for a wheelchair from the NHS that optimises mobility, with the overall aim of achieving optimal independence and function related to activities of daily living.
We provide wheelchairs for individual need, where the individual has a long term condition that permanently and significantly affects their mobility and their independence and that they need a wheelchair is for 4 days a week or more.
Our eligibility criteria sets out the areas of need we are able to support. We want to ensure that available resources are targeted at those who need wheelchairs to help with their independence and daily living activities.
Eligibility and guidance
- how to apply for help from the wheelchair service
- Wheelchair Service eligibility criteria
- active user wheelchairs eligibility criteria
- tilt in space wheelchairs eligibility criteria
- provision into care homes eligibility criteria
- guidance for provision of wheelchairs in care homes
- personal wheelchair budgets
- Wheelchair Service user group
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (DOCX, 14.96KB)
If you are a resident, healthcare professional or a practitioner, use this form to contact us.