What to bring to the appointment
Find out what documents you must bring to your conversion appointment.
If you fail to provide any of the required documents, it may not be possible to complete your conversion.
You must bring all the following documents, not photocopies:
- passports for both partners
- your original civil partnership certificate
- proof of your address
Proof of address can be any of the following:
- utility bill dated within 3 months of your appointment
- bank or building society statement dated within 1 month of your appointment
- council tax bill dated within 1 year of your appointment
- valid UK driving licence