How to apply
Sheltered housing is provided by the council and by housing associations in the borough who work with us, using a shared application register.
To apply, you'll need to:
1. Submit a sheltered housing application.
2. Complete and return the self assessment form.
There are other forms to fill in if you're a croydon or housing association tenant, or you own or rent your own property privately.
1. Submit a sheltered housing application
On the form, you'll be asked to:
- choose at least one scheme you're interested in (there's no limit to how many schemes you can choose, but you must pick at least one)
- to tell us which four schemes you would like to live in
If you're a Croydon or housing association tenant
You'll also need to complete our housing transfer application form. Tick the box in the section "What type of property would you like to live in?" to say you would like sheltered accommodation.
If you own your own property or rent it privately
You'll also need to complete our housing application form. Tick the box in the section "What type of property would you like to live in?" to say you would like sheltered accommodation.
2. Complete and return a self assessment form
After we've received your sheltered housing application, we will send you a self assessment form which you'll need to complete and return to us. This will also include a financial assessment to check if you're entitled to any help with the charges.