Sheltered housing

Sheltered housing offers the peace of mind in knowing that support is available 24 hours a day, with an alarm system that can be activated from the rooms in your flat and from the communal areas.

Help moving in

You may qualify for financial help or other help when you move into your new home. What you get will depend on the size of the house and if you currently receive any other support.

If you're a council tenant and are moving to smaller house

You may qualify for a payment of up to £2,000 for each bedroom you release, plus your removal costs under the council’s special transfer scheme

If you're receiving Income Support or Universal Credit 

If you do not qualify for the special transfer scheme, you may qualify for other help if you receive income support or Universal Credit. You can find more information from our Staying Put team or from Age UK.