We read all the comments left on planning applications.
You can comment on a planning application to:
- support it
- give us your views on it
- object to it
Make a valid objection
By law, we can not reject an application unless it goes against planning policy. This includes cases where there are multiple objections or a petition.
We will not be able to uphold objections if they are based on:
- impact on property values
- predicted noise during construction
- who will use the development when it is done
- disputes with neighbours
Before you leave an objection, check if it goes against planning policy.
Examples of when an application might go against planning policy
This can include:
- harm to trees
- significant loss of light
- ongoing noise after construction
- new windows or spaces that overlook your house or garden
- traffic congestion
- design not in keeping with the area
To find out more about the character of your area and the kinds of developments encouraged, see Croydon’s planning policies.