London Borough of Croydon

To apply for a grant you should first contact the social services for adults referrals team (details below) to tell them:

  • the address of the property to be adapted
  • details about the adaptations you seek
  • your name and how to contact you.

An occupational therapist will meet you at the property to determine which adaptations will best meet your needs and recommend what work should be done. You can then apply for a disabled facilities grant for the recommended work.

We will notify you in writing if you have been given a grant within six months of receiving your application. If you start work before you receive this approval we will not be able to give you a grant.

Assistance with completing the application form

If you are a home owner or private tenant, you will be assigned a case worker who can help you complete the grant application form.

If you are a housing association tenant your landlord should provide assistance.


Adult Social Care

020 8726 6500
020 8760 5797
Address Line:

Bernard Weatherill House

8 Mint Walk




Help downloading files