London Borough of Croydon

Your tenancy agreement is the document you sign when you agree to become the tenant of your home. It is a contract between you and us and records information such as your name, the date you became our tenant and the rent. It also lists the other conditions you must keep to as a tenant.

Complete the housing tenancy enquiry form to request a change to your tenancy agreement.

There are two main ways you can apply to have your tenancy agreement changed.

Transferring your tenancy

If you are leaving to live somewhere else, you can apply to transfer your tenancy to your partner or a member of your family who has lived with you for at least a year. In this case, you should apply to your housing office to transfer your tenancy. We will process your application and tell you our decision.

Succession to tenancy

If you die, your partner or any adult permanently living in your home can take over your tenancy. This is what we call a 'succession to tenancy'. In this case, the person wishing to take over the tenancy will need to write to the housing office and we will process the application.

If the person who takes over your tenancy dies, no one living with them will have an automatic right to take over the tenancy in the same way. However, they can apply to have the tenancy transferred to them. Staff in the housing office will be able to give you more advice about this.

Any other changes to your tenancy

You must contact the housing office immediately if there are any changes to your tenancy or any changes to the people who are living with you at the property. If you do not tell the council of any changes you may be in breach of the terms of your tenancy agreement.


Do you need to get in touch? Send us a message and we'll get back to you soon.


Housing tenancy

Address Line:

Bernard Weatherill House

8 Mint Walk




Help downloading files