Large and unwanted items are household items that:
- cannot be re-used or recycled
- you cannot transport to our waste, recycling and re-use centres.
If your large and unwanted items are "white goods" such as a cooker or an oven, a fridge, a freezer or electrical items, see the white goods collection webpage.
How to arrange a collection
- Create an online account
- Once you've created an account, choose the bulky waste option button
- Then select the item(s) you want collected from the A-Z list.
If your item(s) does not appear in the A-Z list it might be because we don't collect it. Check the list of item under the 'what we can and cannot collect' below.
Please note: We will only collect the items that you have told us about, so please check your order carefully.
You must bag, box or bundle all items. Please place them in your front garden or in an easily accessible location the night before they are due to be collected. This should be no more than 10 metres from where the collection vehicle can stop.
How to amend your collection
You may amend a collection by logging into My Account and click the link (under “Recent Activity”) to edit your order.
Please note that changes must be made with one full working day's notice. (i.e. if collection is due Wednesday, changes must be made by 23:59 on Monday)
How much does it cost?
Charges per visit
£0 for the first 3 collections per property per year. Non chargeable quota can either be used up in a single visit or over several visits. Residents are entitled to 2 free bulky waste collections and 1 free white goods collection per year.
Charge per additional visit (over and above the annual free quota) as follows:
- £25 for 1 to 3 items
- £35 for 4 to 6 items
What we can and cannot collect
We can collect:
- Single items which can be handled and loaded on to the vehicle by no more than two workers
- Wooden fence panels that do not exceed 5' x 6'.
We do not collect the following items:
These can be taken to one of our recycling and re-use centres
- Car batteries
- Cast iron baths
- Garden waste
- Mirrors and glass
- Tree stumps (non commercial waste)
- Bags of household refuse.
These items should be returned to a retail outlet or suppliers
- Gas cylinders
- Double glazing units
For advice on how to dispose of the following hazardous waste please contact the Corporation of London on 020 7332 3433 or visit their household waste-hazardous waste webpage.
- Hazardous waste (asbestos or corrosive, flammable, explosive or toxic substances)
- Paint or oil.