Information for parents applying for a primary school place in Croydon outside the normal admissions round (in-year admissions).
Independent school admissions are managed Independent Schools Council, not Croydon council.
If your child has an education health and care plan contact firstname.lastname@example.org for admissions information.
Applying for a school place
Do your research
- find primary schools near you
- check the webpages for the schools in Croydon you are interested in for their admissions criteria and application process
Complete the relevant application forms
- the majority of schools require you to complete an in-year common application form
- some schools require additional information to determine a child’s eligibility and waiting list position, which must be submitted through a supplementary information form (SIF). The school requiring a SIF must be a preferred school on your application. You must complete the common application form in addition to the school’s SIF.
Submit completed documents
- the in-year common application form must be submitted to the school admissions team by:
- email to email@example.com, or
- post to School Admissions Team, Bernard Weatherill House, 4th Floor Zone A, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA, or
- in person (Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm) at Access Croydon, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA
Information on how to find us can be found on our contact page. The SIF must be submitted directly to the school of your choice.
You will receive an outcome to your application within 10 school days of receipt of your application.
After you apply
Once School Admissions receives your application, your child will be placed on the waiting list for your preferred schools. We aim to offer you your highest preferred school where possible. If a school has a vacancy and your child is at the top of the waiting list, you will be offered a place.
If we are unable to offer a school place, your child will continue to remain on the waiting list for the remainder of the academic year. To check your waiting list position, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are offered a place at a school that is not your highest preference, you will not automatically be placed on the waiting list for your higher preference school/schools. Parents must complete the waiting list request form to request to be added to the waiting list.
You will remain on the waiting list until the end of the academic year. If you wish to be considered for the school after this point you must re-apply by submitting a new in-year common application form.
If your child is currently out of education and we are unable to offer a place at one of your preference schools, an alternative offer will be made of your nearest school with an available space.
Information on the appeals procedure can be found on our school appeals page.
Speak with a member of our School Admissions Team if:
- you need advice/support in completing your application
- you have applied and want to discuss your child’s application
- you have a general query about an in-year school transfer
- your child is out of school
You can meet them on the first floor of Croydon Central library, every first and third Monday of the month, between 9am and 7pm.
Look out for our pop up surgeries at various libraries within the borough.
An in-year admission is when you apply for a school place in an existing year group (outside of the normal admissions round) and at a time when your child should already be attending school.
Download the event poster.
School admissions team (primary)
Bernard Weatherill House
4th Floor zone A
8 Mint Walk
- Primary school prospectus 2020-21 [3.7MB]
- Application for in-year admission to primary school [222.0KB]