Information for parents applying for a primary school place in Croydon outside the normal admissions round ('In-Year' admissions).
Independent school admissions are not managed by Croydon Council. To find out more please visit the Independent Schools Council webpage.
If your child has an Education Health and Care Plan please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for admissions information.
Applying for a School Place
Step 1: Do your research
- Find primary schools near you
- Check the webpages for the schools in Croydon you are interested in for their admissions criteria and application process
Step 2: Complete the relevant application forms
- The majority of schools require you to complete an In-year Common Application Form (download here)
- Some schools require additional information to determine a child’s eligibility and waiting list position, which must be submitted through a Supplementary Information Form (SIF). The school requiring a SIF must be a preferred school on your application. You are still required to complete the Common Application Form in addition to the school’s SIF.
Step 3: Submit completed documents
- In-year Common Application Form must be submitted to the school admissions team by:
- Email - email@example.com
- Post – School Admissions Team, Bernard Weatherill House, 4th Floor Zone A, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CR0 1EA
- In Person (Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm) – Access Croydon, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CR0 1EA.
Information on how to find us can be found on our contact page SIF must be submitted directly to the school of your choice.
Step 4: That’s it!
You will receive an outcome to your application within ten school days upon receipt of your application.
After You Apply
Once School Admissions receive your application, your child will be placed on the waiting list for your preferred schools. We will aim to offer you your highest preferred school where possible. If a school has a vacancy and your child is at the top of the waiting list, you will be offered a place.
If we are unable to offer a school place, your child will continue to remain on the waiting list for the remainder of the academic year. To check your waiting list position please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are offered a place at a school that is not your highest preference, you will not automatically be placed on the waiting list for your higher preference school/schools. Parents will need to complete the waiting list request form to request to be added to the waiting list.
You will remain on the waiting list until the end of the academic year. If you wish to be considered for the school after this point you must re-apply by submitting a new In-year Common Application Form.
If your child is currently out of education and we are unable to offer a place at one of your preference schools, an alternative offer will be made of your nearest school with an available space.
Information on the appeals procedure can be found on our school appeals page.
• Do you need advice/support in completing your application?
• Have you applied and want to discuss your child’s application?
• Have a general query about an in-year school transfer?
• Is your child out of school?
Come and speak with a member of our School Admissions Team located on the 1st floor of Croydon Central library, every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month 9am to 7pm.
Look out for our pop up surgeries at various libraries within the borough.
An In-Year admission is when you apply for a school place in an existing year group (outside of the normal admissions round) and at a time when your child should already be attending school.
Dowbnload the event poster.
School admissions team (primary)
Bernard Weatherill House
4th Floor zone A
8 Mint Walk