How to report potholes and road damage
You can use the links below, to report the relevant issues.
- Report potholes and road damage - such as; broken manhole covers, loose or raised kerbs, damaged verge, cracked or raised paving, damaged posts and bollards.
- Report a drainage problem - such as; street flooding, blocked gullies or missing gully grating.
- Report a spillage - such as spillages of; oil, concrete, paint, tar and other chemicals.
- Report an obstruction - such as; building materials, skips, overhanging vegetation and other obstructions.
We aim to resolve reported issues within 10 working days. In some instances, it may take longer to resolve.
- Report a problem with street furniture - street furniture includes: traffic barriers, benches, bollards, post boxes, phone boxes, traffic lights, road signs, bus stops, grit bins, tram stops, taxi stands, public lavatories, fountains, watering troughs, memorials and litter bins.
We aim to resolve reported street furniture issues within 5 working days. In some instances, it may take longer to resolve.
Street lighting problems
- Report or track a street lighting problem - such as lights not working, or dim/flickering, lights on during day time, light damaged/leaning or graffiti.
Road and pavement problems on red routes (managed by TfL)
- Report a problem on a red route - such as road works, road defect, obstruction, dumped rubbish, parking, traffic lights, street lighting, street signs, street furniture, abandoned vehicles.
Please also see our Road and pavement responsibilities page.
Floor 6, Zone C
Bernard Weatherill House
8 Mint Walk,
Croydon CR0 1EA
- Reactive maintenance works: DfT pothole fund [18.1KB]
- Reactive maintenance works: DfT pothole fund spending [15.0KB]