Coronavirus - As lockdown eases, parking enforcement is being gradually reintroduced from Tuesday 26 May 2020. Pay & display parking machines are being reactivated and payments accepted from Tuesday 26 May & parking permits are starting to be processed from Tuesday 26 May
RingGo is a quick, easy to use mobile phone service, which lets you pay for your parking with a credit or debit card, rather than using cash at a machine. When you park your car in a parking bay or a council car park, you simply contact RingGo parking by phone.
- you no longer need to carry change
- you don't have to visit a parking machine, however parking must be purchased immediately on arrival and before leaving the location/vehicle
- you don't need to walk back with a parking ticket - civil enforcement officers check which vehicles are parked with RingGo via their handheld units.
How to register with RingGo
You can pre-register with RingGo either on the internet at www.myRingGo.co.uk/register or by using the RingGo smartphone app (downloadable either through your handset or from the relevant store).
If you pre-register for the service you will be asked to provide:
- the number plate, colour and make of your vehicle
- your payment card details.
Alternatively you can register at the same time you want to park, either by using the RingGo app or by calling the RingGo number which is 020 3046 0010.
How RingGo works
Once registered, RingGo recognises your mobile phone number and retrieves information you have previously given. This means that when you pay you only have to provide:
- the location code where you are parked - each area offering RingGo has its own individual 4 or 5 digit location number. Local signs provide this information, for example location code 6400
- the length of time you want to park in the car park and up to the maximum time of stay permitted in the on-street bay. Once maximum time is reached you will not be able to return to that location or road to park within 1 hour
- your payment card 3 digit security code, found on the back of the card in the signature strip
Benefits of RingGo - extend your parking session
Unlike normal parking sessions, you can remotely top up your parking fee when you use RingGo. If you want to extend your stay, simply contact RingGo again and the service will ask you:
- how long you want to extend
- what your card security code is
The RingGo system automatically recognises that you have a current parking session.
Ways to pay
There are several ways to pay to park with RingGo:
- by smartphone app
- by calling the phone service
- by text message or
- through the internet (either via a mobile or pc)
Details on each are provided below.
iPhone, Android, Windows phone and Blackberry 10 users can download a RingGo smartphone application (free of charge), through their handset or from the relevant store.:
The app allows you to register for the service, locates your nearest RingGo zone, lets you manage your account and to pay to park.
Automated phone service
To use the automated phone service, call the telephone number on the signs when you want to park. RingGo will remember you (by recognising your mobile phone number) and ask you to:
- confirm the vehicle you want to park
- confirm the location where you want to park
- say how long you want to stay, (up to the maximum stay permitted in the on street bay)
- provide the security code from your card
Text to park
You can use the quick and easy RingGo text to park option instead. So for example, sending a message with 6405 1d 867 to 81025 will park your nominated vehicle all day at Reedham Station.
For details on how to set up the service for your particular location, see www.myringgo.co.uk/texttopark.
If you have a phone with mobile internet access, you can use the myRingGo site to pay for your parking. Login at www.myRingGo.co.uk/park and complete the details. Alternatively you can use the same link from a standard pc or other internet connected device.
For more information on all of these options, see the RingGo site.
There is no charge for registering with RingGo and no charge for downloading or using the RingGo smartphone applications.
When using London Borough of Croydon parking facilities, you will pay the same price for parking as you would with cash. Elsewhere, you may pay a small convenience charge on top of the normal parking tariff charges which apply. If applicable, this parking charge will be shown on your monthly credit or debit card statement.
If you call RingGo, you are charged the standard rate agreed with your mobile phone operator. These calls are often included free within mobile phone packages.
If you use the RingGo text to park option, you will pay for the text message at your agreed operator rate. You will also pay a 10p charge for the summary text message (which you automatically receive), providing confirmation of your parking session details.
The optional parking session confirmation messages and reminder texts (alerting you when your session is about to run out), cost 10p per message.
If you need a VAT receipt for your RingGo parking session, you can view and print it online by logging in at www.myRingGo.co.uk. If you provide your email address, you can opt to receive a receipt automatically every time you park. Just login and add your email address into the settings menu.
Visit myRingGo - where it works to see all the location numbers in your area and across the UK.
Cobalt Telephone Technologies is a British-based company that has developed the RingGo service. It has been operating since 1997 and has been developing and managing innovative automated telephone and web-based solutions since this time. For more information visit www.ctt.co.uk.
Cashless parking is available at all of our car parks. See the full list of location codes below.