Disabled parking permits, also known as blue badges, allow cars carrying people who have a disability which causes permanent problems walking or those who are blind to park near shops, stations and other facilities. Parking bays reserved for vehicles displaying blue badges are clearly marked. Blue badge holders are allowed to park free of charge and without time limit in or on:
- any permitted parking space or paid-for parking bay
- limited-period waiting boxes
- red routes in specially signed and marked spaces.
You can apply for a blue badge online via the Gov.uk site.
Blue badge holders are allowed to park free of charge for up to three hours in or on:
- any single or double yellow line, except where there is a:
- loading and unloading ban
- stopping restriction
- footway parking ban