Business parking permits are intended for employees who regularly use their cars for business purposes. They are not for use solely for commuter parking.
Permits are only issued to businesses with 12 employees or less, whose usual business address lies within a controlled parking zone.
You will need a separate business parking permit for each vehicle.
The maximum number of permits you may apply for, and the fee, depends on the location of your business. Specifically:
- Inner zones, East Inner, East Outer, North, South and West - two permits maximum
- Outer zones (Coulsdon, Napier Road, Norbury, Old Lodge Lane, Thornton Heath, South Norwood, Sanderstead, South Norwood and Purley) - four permits maximum (or two if purchased quarterly)
View a map of Croydon's controlled parking zones.
How to apply
The quickest and easiest way to apply or renew a business permit is online.
Please ensure you have scanned copies or photos of the documents below before you start your application:
- a letter on your company letterhead briefly outlining what the vehicle will be used for
- a copy of the non domestic rates bill or current tenancy agreement confirming the name and address of the company
Apply for a business parking permit
When you start your application please change the start date to five working days from today. This is to allow for processing and postage. We cannot change the start date once you submit your application.
Please note for online renewals your application must be received at least seven days prior to the date of expiry of a current permit. Any renewal application for an expired permit will be treated as a new application and incur a £30 administration fee.
How much do they cost?
There is an administration charge of £30 for all new permit applications which should be added (this administration charge does not apply to permit renewals).
- quarter: £123
- annual: £382 (alternative fuel £190)
- quarter: £123
- first and second annual permits: £382
- third annual permit: £560
- fourth annual permit: £910
What if there is a change in circumstances?
If you move, change your vehicle, will be using a courtesy car or otherwise need to amend the information held by Parking Service, please contact us - email@example.com.
It is the permit holder's responsibility to ensure they renew their permit in good time.