Business parking permits are intended for employees who regularly use their cars for business purposes. They are not for use solely for commuter parking.
Permits are only issued to businesses with 12 employees or less, whose usual business address lies within a controlled parking zone.
You will need a separate business parking permit for each vehicle.
The maximum number of permits you may apply for, and the fee, depends on the location of your business. Specifically:
- Inner zones, East Inner, East Outer, North, South and West - two permits maximum
- Outer zones (Coulsdon, Napier Road, Norbury, Old Lodge Lane, Thornton Heath, South Norwood, Sanderstead, South Norwood and Purley) - four permits maximum (or two if purchased quarterly)
View a map of Croydon's controlled parking zones.
How to apply
Please download the relevant application form at the bottom of this page nd post it to the address below. Please allow 14 days for the permit to be issued.
Documents you need to provide
- a letter on your company letterhead briefly outlining what the vehicle will be used for
- a copy of the non domestic rates bill or current tenancy agreement confirming the name and address of the company
- payment made by business cheque.
How much do they cost?
There is an administration charge of £30 for all new permit applications which should be added (this administration charge does not apply to permit renewals).
- quarter: £123
- annual: £382 (alternative fuel £190)
- quarter: £123
- first and second annual permits: £382
- third annual permit: £560
- fourth annual permit: £910
Please note there is a surcharge of 1.65% if you pay by credit card. There is no surcharge for debit cards.
What if there is a change in circumstances?
If you move, change your vehicle, will be using a courtesy car or otherwise need to amend the information held by Parking Service, please contact us.
It is the permit holder's responsibility to ensure they renew their permit in good time.
- Central Parade Trader application form with effect from April 2012 [65.5KB]
- Central Parade Market Trader application form with effect from April 2012 [63.0KB]
- Business application form inner zone with effect from April 2013 [73.9KB]
- Business application form outer zone with effect from April 2013 [57.1KB]