Motorcycles can park for free in any permit or shared-use bay and pay & display only bay without displaying a permit or pay and display ticket.
Motorcycles must be parked in a sensible manner that reduces the impact on spaces for other vehicles. (i.e. parking between bays or at the end of bays where possible.)
In practice, motorcyclists should park in a bay at 90 degrees to the kerb wherever possible.
We recognise that this is not always possible due to the gradient of the road or where the motorcycle is going to stick out into oncoming traffic. But we ask motorcyclists to try to do so where reasonable and safe.
We also requests that motorcyclists park alongside existing motorcycles where possible to minimise the impact on the limited parking provision.
Please note, that motorcycles are still not permitted to park in bays reserved for specific users ( such as disabled bays, doctors bays or loading bays).
There are a number of free on street parking bays for solo motorcycles as below:
- Addington Road (near Sainsbury's)
- Bedford Park (near no.4 Bedford Park)
- Church Street (near Ramsey Court)
- Edridge Road (near no.3 Edridge Road)
- Friends Road (near junction with Chatsworth Road)
- Grant Road (near Regent Place)
- Heathfield Road (near junction with Coombe Road, or near junction with Ledbury Road)
- London Road (near junction with Oakfield Road)
- Mead Place (near junction with Parsons Mead)
- Mint Walk (near junction with Fell Road)
- Nova Road (near no.27 Nova Road)
- Oakfield Road (near no.16 Oakfield Road)
- Oval Road (near no.50 Oval Road)
- Ruskin Road (near junction with Tamworth Road)
- Scarbrook Road (approximately 75 metres west of junction with Surrey Street)
- Sydenham Road (approximately 40 metres south-west of junction with Bedford Park)
- West Street (near junction with West Street Place)
- Beech House Rd (near Keys Court)
- College Road (near Croydon College)
- Hathaway Road (near junction with London Road)
- Masons Avenue (approximately 25m south-west of junction with Edridge Road)
- Parker Road (near junction with South End)
- St Georges Walk (near junction with Katharine Street)
- Walpole Road (near Southern House)
- Warren Road (near junction with Lower Addiscombe Road).
- Biddulph Road (near junction with Brighton Road)
- Moreton Road (near junction with Croham Road).
- High Street (near no.10 High Street).
- Oakley Road (near junction with Portland Road)
- Station Road (near no.8 Station Road).
- Brighton Road (near the Avenue)
- Brighton Road (near Lion Green Road)
- Windermere Road.
Westow Street (near Victory Place).
Motorcycle parking is free in car parks run by or affiliated to the council.
All motorcycle bays are for solo motorcycles only.
The following car parks have no designated motorcycle bays. However, you may park your motorcycle in the other bays, with the exception of disabled bays.
- Jubilee Bridge.
The following car parks have designated motorcycles bays:
- Anne's Place
- Factory Lane
- Purley MSCP
- West Croydon.