For all planning enquiries, please complete the planning enquiry form.
Do I need planning permission?
Not all developments need planning permission. Legislation grants permission for certain types of small development known as "permitted development". Article 4 directions can restrict permitted development rights. Find out more by visiting the Article 4 Direction webpage.
You must apply for a Lawful Development Certificate to confirm your proposal complies with permitted development.
Visit the planning portal if you're unsure whether you need planning permission.
Appointing someone to handle your application
Development management technical support
6th Floor, Zone A/B
Bernard Wetherill House
8 Mint Walk
- How do I submit my application - guidance note 2 [185.0KB]
- What happens to my application - guidance note 3 [449.9KB]
- How to comment on a planning application - guidance note 4 [451.6KB]
- How the council decides on a planning application - guidance note 5 [451.4KB]
- My application has been approved - what happens next? Note 6 [170.7KB]
- My application has been refused - what happens next? Guidance note 7 [173.3KB]
- How are the planning regulations enforced? Guidance note 8 [177.3KB]
- What consents do I need for my development? Guidance note 9 [217.5KB]
- SPD2 - residential extensions and alterations guidance [1.8MB]