We have reluctantly decided to postpone the Council’s Duty Officer system until further notice, whilst honouring existing appointments – up until 30th March 2020.
For all planning enquiries, complete the planning enquiry form.
Check if you need planning permission
Not all developments need planning permission. Legislation grants permission for certain types of small development known as permitted development. You must apply for a lawful development certificate to confirm your proposal complies with permitted development.
Some areas are covered by an Article 4 direction — projects in these areas may have different planning permission requirements.
Read the guides and advice on the planning portal if you're unsure whether you need planning permission.
We have produced a guide for home extensions with the Local Authority Building Control which can be viewed at http://extendingyourhome.com/croydon
Appointing someone to handle your application
Development management technical support
6th Floor, Zone A/B
Bernard Wetherill House
8 Mint Walk
- How to submit your application - guidance note 2 [145.5KB]
- What happens to your application - guidance note 3 [139.5KB]
- How to comment on a planning application - guidance note 4 [140.7KB]
- How the council decides on a planning application - guidance note 5 [140.7KB]
- What happens after your application is approved - guidance note 6 [215.2KB]
- What happens if your application has been refused, guidance note 7 [224.2KB]
- How planning regulations are enforced - guidance note 8 [221.9KB]
- Consents needed for your development - guidance note 9 [181.4KB]
- SPD2 - residential extensions and alterations [1.8MB]