For all planning enquiries, please complete the planning enquiry form.
Do I need planning permission?
Not all developments need planning permission. Legislation grants permission for certain types of small development known as "permitted development". You must apply for a Lawful Development Certificate to confirm your proposal complies with permitted development.
Some areas are covered by an "Article 4 direction" - projects in these areas may have different planning permission requirements.
Read the guides and advice on the planning portal if you're unsure whether you need planning permission.
We have produced a guide for home extensions with the Local Authority Building Control which can be viewed at http://extendingyourhome.com/croydon
Appointing someone to handle your application
Development management technical support
6th Floor, Zone A/B
Bernard Wetherill House
8 Mint Walk
- How do I submit my application - guidance note 2 [145.5KB]
- What happens to my application - guidance note 3 [139.5KB]
- How to comment on a planning application - guidance note 4 [140.7KB]
- How the council decides on a planning application - guidance note 5 [140.7KB]
- My application has been approved - what happens next? Note 6 [215.2KB]
- My application has been refused - what happens next? Guidance note 7 [224.2KB]
- How are the planning regulations enforced? Guidance note 8 [221.9KB]
- What consents do I need for my development? Guidance note 9 [181.4KB]
- SPD2 - residential extensions and alterations guidance [1.8MB]