Infant to Junior School Transfer, pre - deadline
Starting Junior School (Year 3)
Children currently attending Infant school (year 2) must apply for Junior school (year 3). Please note, there is no automatic transfer even if the Infant school is joint to a Junior school.
Deadlines - Closing date for junior school applications: 15th January 2019.
Admissions to independent schools are not managed by Croydon Council. To find out more please visit the Independent Schools Council website.
If your child has an Education Health and Care Plan that specifies the school best suited for your child’s needs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for admissions information.
Not what you are looking for?
Applying for a school place after you child has already started primary school or after the school year has begun - visit our in year Admissions page.
Ready to apply - go directly to your eAdmissions account.
Already applied and want to know more about getting an offer - skip to the After Applying section.
Something else - Check our A-Z for the relevant topic.
Linked Infant and Junior Schools
For junior schools with linked infant schools, priority for admission will be given to children attending the linked infant school (with the exception of St Mary's RC Junior School), after the admission of looked after children and children who have the school named on the Education Health and Care Plans.
The linked schools are listed below:
Linked Infant and Junior schools
|Linked Infant and Junior Schools||Linked Infant and Junior Schools|
|Beulah Infants||Beulah Junior||
St Mary's Catholic Infants
|St Mary's RC Juniors|
|Elmwood Infants||Elmwood Junior||
Whitehorse Manor Infants and Nursery
Whitehorse Manor Juniors
The Minster Nursery and Infant
|The Minster Junior||
Winterbourne Junior Boys
|Park Hill Infants
||Park Hill Junior||
Winterbourne Junior Girls
|St Joseph's Catholic Infant and Nursery
||St Joseph's Catholic Junior|
How to Apply
Step 1: Getting ready - do your research
- Check the school finder tool to find a state primary school near you
- Read the primary schools prospectus and visit school websites (list of websites can be found here) to:
- Check the admission criteria to make sure your chosen schools are suitable for your child
- Find out about open days
Step 2: Create an eAdmissions account (if you already have an account skip this step)
Go to www.eadmissions.org.uk, click ‘Create a new account’ and follow the instructions.
Once you have created your account your user name and password will be sent to your email address – please store these in a safe place as you will need them to access your application and school place offers.
Step 3: Complete your application form
Submit your application at www.eadmissions.org.uk by 15th January.
Last year, 9 out of 10 parents applied on time. Late applications will be processed after those received on time, which could severely reduce your child’s chances of being offered a place at your preferred school.
To complete the application you will need:
- Child’s name and date of birth as they appear on the birth certificate or passport. Please also ensure that your child’s nursery school holds the same details on record. If these do not match your application may be considered invalid.
- Council Tax Account Number. If you are responsible for paying council tax at your child’s address you will need to enter your account number (this can be found in the top right corner of your council tax bill).
- Supplementary Information Form (SIF). Some schools may require additional information to assess your application which you must provide through a SIF. You can find out if this is required and download the form on the school’s website. The school requiring a SIF must be the preferred (first choice) school on your application.
Note: You will still need to complete the standard application form through the eAdmissions platform, even if you are submitting a SIF to the school.
That’s it, just wait for your offer.
If you have any technical problems with you eAdmissions account or the online application form please contact eAdmissions. This is a national platform and is not managed by the Croydon council team.
You will receive your school place offer on the evening of 16th April 2019 by email. You must accept or decline your offer by 30th April 2019.
To respond to your offer you will need to log into your eAdmissions account, so keep your login information safe.
If you are not offered your first preference school place, your child will automatically be placed on the waiting list for all schools of higher preference. The position on the waiting list will be judged according to the school’s admissions criteria.
For more information on waiting lists please see the primary school prospectus or visit our FAQ page.
All Croydon schools are their own admission authority and any appeals must be made directly to the school. Further information about the appeals process can be found in the Parents Guide to appeals document