London Borough of Croydon

From 3 April 2017 you need a permit to use any of the three Household Reuse and Recycling Centres (HRRCs) in Croydon. We’ve introduced the scheme to reduce waiting times into the sites and to ensure that all customers using the sites are residents.

By introducing a permit scheme we can ensure that we don’t incur additional waste costs from non-residents or pass those costs on to our residents. Anyone attempting to use the site for commercial purposes or who is non-resident in the borough will be refused entry to the site.

How to get your permit

To get a permit you need to bring two forms of ID when you visit the site with your vehicle, one must be a photo ID and the other must prove your address. There is no charge for the permit. You cannot get a permit on behalf of someone else and you must be presenting your own ID at your visit. If you use more than one vehicle in your household, you can get an additional permit when you visit the site in that vehicle with ID. Check the list of acceptable ID.

Displaying your permit

Once you have your permit, you must display it at the top right of your vehicle’s windscreen on every visit to the site. If the permit is not visible, or you do not want to display it, you will be asked to show ID. 

Large vehicles

Permits will not be issued to customers that use large vehicles such as a large car, van, minibus or trailer. You will need to provide ID on each visit. For more information please visit the honesty form page.

Acceptable identification

You will need to provide two documents as proof of your identity, one must be from the photo ID group and the other from the address group. You cannot use one document to prove both your name and address, even where it shows both e.g. photocard driving licence. You must provide two different documents.

Photo ID group

Your document must be current and valid.

  • Passport (EU or Non-EU)
  • Full or provisional UK Photocard Driving Licence (paper licences not acceptable)
  • Freedom Pass
  • EU Photocard Driving Licence
  • National Identity card (Non-UK nationals)
  • Electoral Identity Card (Northern Ireland)

Address ID group

Your document must be in date as shown below.

  • Full or provisional paper UK Driving Licence (if issued before 1998)
  • EU Photocard Driving Licence
  • Utility bill (dated within last 3 months) (not mobile phone)
  • Bank or building society statement (dated within last 3 months)
  • Council tax bill (dated within last 12 months)
  • Mortgage statement (dated within last 12 months)
  • Benefit statement or letter e.g. Pension, Child Benefit (dated within last 3 months)
  • HMRC document (not P45 or P60)
  • Electoral identity card

If you are unable to provide acceptable documents you may be denied access to the site.

If there is a reason that means you cannot meet the requirements of the permit scheme, please email us at before your visit so we can assist you