Report a flood

Who to contact about flooding and water issues and where to get further information.

Flooding can come from a number of different sources. As a result who you report it to depends on the type of flood.

If flooding poses a risk to life, get to a safe place and call the emergency services on 999.

Our responsibility

We are responsible for managing the risk from following:

Report a problem

You can report a flooding problem using one of the following:

Sewers and fresh water pipe

Thames Water is responsible for main sewer floods and leak or burst pipes outside of the home. If you think there is a blockage or if your property has been flooded by a public sewer, please call Thames Water on 0845 9200 800. 

If you believe flooding to be coming from a burst water main, contact your water supplier:

Main rivers

Flooding from a river is the responsibility of the Environment Agency and can be reported by calling the Environment Agency floodline on 0345 988 1188.

Main rivers in Croydon include:

  • The Norbury Brook (NW of Marion Road)
  • The River Wandle
  • The Caterham Bourne
  • The Chaffinch Brook & St James Stream.

Flood reporting