Dog control orders (DCOs) are enforced under PSPO (public space protection orders). This is an interim measure and is subject to review.
The list of offences and areas covered by dog related matters enforced under PSPO legislation will remain the same as under the previous dog control orders.
London Borough of Croydon - The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005
The Dog Control Orders (Prescribed Offences and Penalties, etc.) Regulations 2006
Notice is hereby given that on 22 December 2010 the Council made the following dog control orders:
- The Fouling of Land by Dogs London Borough of Croydon Order 2010
- The Dogs on Leads London Borough of Croydon Order 2010
- The Dogs on Leads by Direction London Borough of Croydon Order 2010
- The Dogs Exclusion London Borough of Croydon Order 2010
- The Dogs (Specified Maximum) London Borough of Croydon Order 2010
The orders come into force on 17 January 2011 and may be inspected at:
London Borough of Croydon
Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA or any of Croydon's libraries where copies of the orders may be obtained.
An amendment to the order was made on 24 April 2013 and came into force on 20 May 2013. The detail of the locations and restrictions agreed in the 2010 order remain in place with no changes other than those outlined in the amendment notice. Both documents can be downloaded below.