Starting Secondary School (Year 7)
Information for parents of children born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2008 applying to start secondary school in September 2019.
Closing date for secondary school applications: 31 October 2018.
Admissions to independent schools are not managed by Croydon Council. To find out more please visit the Independent Schools Council webpage.
If your child has an Education Health and Care Plan that specifies the school best suited for your child’s needs please contact email@example.com for admissions information.
Not what you are looking for?
Applying for a school place after you child has already started secondary school or after the school year has begun?
Visit our in year Admissions page.
Ready to apply?
Go directly to your eAdmissions account.
Already applied and want to know more about getting an offer?
Skip to the After Applying section.
How to Apply
Step 1: Getting ready - do your research
- Check the school finder tool to find a state secondary school near you
- Read the secondary schools booklet and visit school websites
- Check the admission criteria to make sure your chosen schools are suitable for your child
- Find out about open evenings
Step 2: Create an eAdmissions account
(if you already have an account skip this step)
Go to www.eadmissions.org.uk, click ‘Create a new account’ and follow the instructions.
Once you have created your account your user name and password will be sent to your email address – please store these in a safe place as you will need them to access your application and school place offers.
Step 3: Complete your application form
Submit your application at www.eadmissions.org.uk by 31 October 2018.
Last year, 9 out of 10 parents applied on time. Late applications will be processed after those received on time, which could severely reduce your child’s chances of being offered a place at your preferred school.
To complete the application you will need:
- Child’s name and date of birth as they appear on the birth certificate or passport . Please also ensure that your child’s primary school holds the same details on record. If these do not match, your application may be considered invalid.
- Council Tax Account Number - If you are responsible for paying council tax at your child’s address you will need to enter your account number (this can be found in the top right corner of your council tax bill).
- Supplementary Information Form (SIF). Some schools may require additional information to assess your application which you must provide through a SIF. You can find out if this is required and download the form on the school’s website.
Note: You will still need to complete an online application if you have a SIF.
That’s it, just wait for your offer.
If you have any technical problems with your eAdmissions account or the online application form please contact eAdmissions direct. This is a national platform and is not managed by the team at Croydon Council.
School Place Offers
You will receive your school place offer on the evening of 1st March 2019 by email. You must accept or decline your offer on line by 15th March 2019.
To respond to your offer you will need to log into your eAdmissions account at eadmissions.org.uk, so keep your login information safe.
If you are not offered your first preference school place, your child will be automatically placed on the waiting list for all schools of higher preference. The position on the waiting list will be determined by to the school’s admissions criteria.
For more information on waiting lists please see the secondary school prospectus or visit our FAQ page.
All Croydon schools are their own admission authority and any appeals must be made directly to the school. For further information about the appeals process, see our Admissions appeals pages.
- Secondary School Prospectus 2019-20 [7.8MB]
- Secondary Schools Open mornings and evenings timetable - 2019 admissions [30.5KB]
- Pan-London scheme for Co-ordination of Admissions to Secondary schools 2019-20 [47.6KB]
- Letter to OB Parents regarding Open Evenings 2019 [69.5KB]
- Pan-London scheme for Co-ordination of Admissions to Secondary schools 2020-2021 [333.0KB]
- Overview of secondary school allocations 2019 entry [36.3KB]