Emotional wellbeing and mental health (EWMH) services provide support for children and young people up to the age of 18 who are living in Croydon. 

Previously, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), was the main name known and used in Croydon. CAMHS is now a part of Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health (EWMH) services. 

The service can help if you're suffering from:

  • anxiety
  • depression
  • stress
  • eating disorders
  • suicide
  • Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • autism spectrum
  • emotional and behavioural difficulties

Coronavirus updates

For information on services, you can download the letter to referrers: 

Download or view the SLAM service update (Word, 50 KB)
Download or view the Croydon service update for EWMH support (Word, 62 KB)

Get health and wellbeing advice during coronavirus

How to receive emotional wellbeing and mental health support

Professionals who are currently working with you or your child can make a referral to us or you can self-refer yourself or a family member through other services.

Be referred by a professional

Referrals to Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health (EWMH) services can be made by a range of agencies and professionals – for example:

  • GPs
  • Children's Social Care (CSC)
  • schools
  • health providers

If you're a professional currently working with the child or family and want to refer them to receive EWMH, you will need to follow the step by step process and submit a referral to our Single Point of Contact team.

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) practitioners 

Once CAMHS practitioners have received a new EWMH referral, they will assess and direct your child or young person to the most appropriate service, which may include one or more of the following:

Early help services

You may be referred to Early help services instead of EWMH support. Early help services can help families with:

  • domestic violence
  • drug and alcohol misuse
  • parental mental ill health
  • an intensive level of support
  • with a low level of neglect
  • a child or children who is at risk of or has already been excluded from school

Find out more about receiving early help support.

Get help for yourself or someone in your family

Children, young people and their families cannot refer themselves for support to the Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health service. However, you can refer yourself or a someone in your family at:

  • Croydon Drop In – a charity that supports young people aged 11 to 25 and families in Croydon
  • Off the Record – youth counselling for 11 to 25 years old

Search the directory for local support organisations

You can search for local organisations and volunteer services in Croydon that could offer you help – for example:

Start now