To order copies of a certificate you must give us enough information to find the original record.
We are very busy at present and ordering copy certificates is taking much longer than usual. Please allow 20 working days from order to delivery.
If you need any historic certificates you can order from The General Register Office.
To order a copy of a birth certificate we need to know:
- full name at birth
- date of birth
- place of birth (hospital or other address)
- mother's full name (including maiden name if possible)
- father's full name (if possible)
To order a copy of a death certificate we need to know:
- full name of deceased
- date of death
- name and address of place of death
- maiden name (if applicable)
Marriage or civil partnership certificates
To order a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate we need to know:
- where the marriage or civil partnership ceremony was
- date of marriage or civil partnership
- full names of both parties (for a woman, her maiden name before the marriage or civil partnership)
Certificate copies are only available from the Register Office once the church has passed its marriage register to us.
For a copy of the marriage certificate you may need to contact the relevant church.
To check if we hold your records, you can contact the Croydon Register Office.