From 21 June the rules for wedding and civil partnership ceremonies; and wedding receptions and civil partnership celebrations will change.

For more information and updates, read GOV.UK's guidance on small marriages and civil partnerships.

If you have a ceremony already booked over the coming months, please email us at the address below if you wish to change dates. 


We understand this is a very difficult time for all of us and we are working hard to deliver services for our residents throughout the pandemic. Please bear with us if it takes a little longer to respond to queries as demand is very high.

  1. Find out about different types of ceremonies and where you can have them.

  2. Before you can get married or have a civil partnership, you and your partner must give notice at a register office. This must happen at least 29 days before your ceremony.

  3. Documents and information you need to provide at your notice appointment.

  4. Once you have planned your ceremony, you must book an appointment to give us notice of your intention to get married or form a civil partnership.

  5. To minimise the number of people who are in contact with each other during this time, we have a number of rules in place in order to keep you and our staff safe.

  6. Find out how to book Croydon Register Office or an approved venue for your ceremony.

  7. We are giving full refunds if we have to cancel the ceremony due to the current restrictions.