Other people who live with you

As well as the claimant and their partner, we also take into account any non-dependent adults, such as children over the age of 18, living at the property. 

Depending on their circumstances, we may need to reduce the amount of money we pay you. This amount will be deducted from your final Council Tax support figure.

Deductions for all claims, except disabled not working and pensioners:

  • £5 if not working
  • £10 if earning up to £23,999
  • £30 if earning over £24,000