Advice and help fact sheets
We have produced a range of fact sheets to help you manage the changes to your benefit. This can be viewed or downloaded below.
Finding a job
The government's welfare reforms aim to encourage people into employment with real incentives, such as making working tax credit households exempt from the benefit cap, offering help with transport costs, training and education opportunities,and free help with writing CVs and interview preparation.
Managing your money
For families in Croydon changes to benefits could mean less income from benefit, and could result in money problems. Take control of managing your money by following these handy tips.
If you have a problem with debt, it’s important not to panic but don't ignore it either - it won't go away. The key to debt problems is to deal with them sooner rather than later.
Households in Croydon will be affected by changes to the benefits they receive. For some, these changes could cause financial difficulties with their rent payments. This fact sheet gives information on some of the housing options available. You could also contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau for information on how to go about renting or buying a home or just finding somewhere to live.
How to register with a doctor
- How to register with a doctor for Asylum Seekers and Refugees
- How to register with a doctor for People who are Homeless
- How to register with a doctor for Ethnic Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
Households in Croydon will be affected by changes to the benefits they will receive. People will be looking for work to make up the reduction in the benefits they will receive, and many people with children will need to find childcare support.
Advice and tips to help you reduce your energy bills.
- Twelve saves of Christmas poster [1,014.7KB]
- Getting everybody connected factsheet [113.9KB]
- Finding a job fact sheet [66.6KB]
- Managing your money fact sheet [71.9KB]
- Managing debt fact sheet [73.9KB]
- Housing advice fact sheet [67.9KB]
- Childcare fact sheet [59.0KB]
- Saving energy fact sheet [67.4KB]