Useful websites and contact numbers
Check to see if you can claim any other welfare benefits.
If you are struggling to pay your rent or are worried about being able to pay your rent because of the housing benefit changes talk to your income officer right away. Phone 020 8726 6100.
Contact Croydon welfare rights team to make sure you are claiming all of the benefits you can. Freephone 0800 731 5920.
Credit unions offer convenient savings and low-interest loans to their members, who own and manage the credit unions themselves. For information on Croydon Credit Union visit CMS Credit Union website.
Training and employment advice
- Adult education courses in Croydon
- Access to work scheme - for people with disabilities
- Jobcentre Plus.
Job search websites
There are also many free to use job search website available. Use your internet search engine to find these, using terms such as "job search websites" or "jobs in Croydon". You can also ask friends and family for their recommendations on which websites to use.
- Mutual council home exchange scheme
- Grants for moving to a smaller home
- Seaside and country homes
Finding a home
- Housing options self-help tool
- Finding a home information pack
- Help for rough sleepers and homeless people
Money and debt advice websites
At our Croydon branch of South West London Law Centres (close to Bernard Wetherill House) you can contact us straightaway by ringing 020 8767 2777 option 1, emailing us email@example.com or drop in during our opening hours 9:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We now also have an evening drop in clinic on a Thursday from 5pm to 8pm. We are completely free, confidential and FCA regulated. We also offer help with grants, cheaper gas and electric for those who are living in a Thames Water area.
- Age UK Croydon
- Citizens Advice Bureau or Croydon Citizens Advice Bureau
- Christians Against Poverty
- Consumer Credit Counselling Service
- Croydon, Merton and Sutton Credit Union
- Money a+e
- Money Advice Service
- Money Saving Expert
- National Debt Line
- South West London Law centres