Exam results

To obtain exam results contact the school or other examining centre where the examination was sat. They should have the results of past and present students on file.

Duplicate certificates

To obtain duplicate certificates the awarding body of that certificate must be contacted direct. If the awarding body is unknown then contact the school or other examination centre and find out which examining board the exams sat were under.

Examination boards

There are 3 main examination bodies offering GCSEs, GCE AS/A level and GNVQs in England. Schools and other examination centres can select specifications from any of the unitary awarding bodies. They are:

  • Assessment and Qualifications Alliance (AQA)
  • Edexcel
  • Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Examinations (OCR)

Details about national vocational qualifications (NVQs), Scottish vocational qualifications (SVQs), progression awards, Pitman and NEBs qualifications, and other own-brand vocational qualifications are provided by:

  • Qualification and Curriculum Authority (QCA)
  • City and Guilds

Assessment and Qualifications Alliance (AQA)

Contact us online URL


Stag Hill House, Guildford, GU2 7XJ , United Kingdom

City and Guilds of London Institute

Contact us online URL


1 Giltspur Street, London EC1A 9DD , United Kingdom

Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Examinations (OCR)

Contact us online URL

Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA)

Contact us online URL


Head of External Communications, 83 Piccadilly, London W1J 8QA , United Kingdom