Supplementary planning documents
Download Croydon's adopted supplementary planning documents (SPDs) at the bottom of this page.
Croydon opportunity area planning framework SPD
The Croydon opportunity area planning framework (COAPF) was adopted by the council on 22 April 2013 as a supplementary planning document to the Croydon local plan - strategic polices. Furthermore, the COAPF was adopted by the Mayor as supplementary planning guidance to the London plan on 16 January 2013.
The COAPF was prepared jointly by the Greater London Authority (GLA) and London Borough of Croydon (LBC) in partnership with Transport for London (TfL).
The COAPF provides additional guidance on existing development plan policies.
The Croydon opportunity area planning framework, integrated impact assessment and technical appendix can all be viewed below.
Residential extensions and alterations SPD
This Supplementary planning document provides guidance to ensure that extensions and alterations made to residential buildings in Croydon are of the very highest design quality.
Designing for community safety SPD
Sets out guidelines on how to approach the design of developments and external spaces to make the borough a safer and better place in which to live, work and play.
Conservation Area and Locally Listed Buildings SPDs
6th Floor Zone B, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA
- Croydon OAPF chapters 1 - 3 (Jan13) [225.8KB]
- Croydon OAPF chapter 4 (Jan13) [164.5KB]
- Croydon OAPF chapters 5 - 9 (Jan13) [710.1KB]
- Croydon OAPF integrated impact assessment (Jan13) [165.1KB]
- Croydon OAPF technical appendix (Jan13) [696.2KB]
- SPD2 - residential extensions and alterations guidance [1.8MB]
- SPD3 - designing for community safety [496.3KB]