Due to COVID-19 coronavirus, the Council has restricted the work that it undertakes on the public highway to urgent work only.
Pothole repairs and defects
Repairs will only be undertaken where essential to the safety of road users. The more important the route and the higher the traffic volume, the higher the priority for repair.
Roads surfacing operations
Road resurfacing work has been suspended at this time.
Drainage and flood management
Drainage and flooding work will be responded to on an emergency basis only, and drainage teams will not enter properties.
In the event of an emergency
In an emergency please contact 0208 726 7100.
You can also email HighwaysMaintenance@croydon.gov.uk – this inbox and reports are being monitored daily. You may not receive an immediate response so please only use for non-emergency issues.
Please report non-emergency defects or reports through the Don’t Mess With Croydon app. These reports are being monitored daily and you will receive a response in due course.
How to report potholes and road damage
You can use the links below, to report the relevant issues.
- Report potholes and road damage - such as; broken manhole covers, loose or raised kerbs, damaged verge, cracked or raised paving, damaged posts and bollards.
- Report a drainage problem - such as; street flooding, blocked gullies or missing gully grating.
- Report a spillage - such as spillages of; oil, concrete, paint, tar and other chemicals.
- Report an obstruction - such as; building materials, skips, overhanging vegetation and other obstructions.
We aim to resolve reported issues within 10 working days. In some instances, it may take longer to resolve.
- Report a problem with street furniture - street furniture includes: traffic barriers, benches, bollards, post boxes, phone boxes, traffic lights, road signs, bus stops, grit bins, tram stops, taxi stands, public lavatories, fountains, watering troughs, memorials and litter bins.
We aim to resolve reported street furniture issues within 5 working days. In some instances, it may take longer to resolve.
Street lighting problems
- Report or track a street lighting problem - such as lights not working, or dim/flickering, lights on during day time, light damaged/leaning or graffiti.
Road and pavement problems on red routes (managed by TfL)
- Report a problem on a red route - such as road works, road defect, obstruction, dumped rubbish, parking, traffic lights, street lighting, street signs, street furniture, abandoned vehicles.
Reactive maintenance works: DfT pothole fund (Doc, 19 KB)
Reactive maintenance works: DfT pothole fund spending (Excel, 19 KB)
Highways maintenance team, Floor 6, Zone C, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA , United Kingdom