London Borough of Croydon

The Older persons’ freedom pass is paid for by Croydon Council, and the administration is done by London Councils. For the latest updates and information on freedom passes please visit

You can use your pass 24 hours a day on:

  • all buses within greater London
  • the Underground
  • Docklands Light Rail
  • Croydon Tramlink.

Free travel is also available on all National Rail trains within greater London after 9.30am.  No time restrictions apply on weekends and public holidays.

Please note: English national concessionary bus passes are accepted on TfL bus services.

Applying for a Older persons’ freedom pass

Use the Freedom Pass calculator to find out when you become eligible for free travel.

You can apply for an Older persons’ freedom pass online

You can apply up to 14 days ahead of your eligible date.

If you are unable to apply online, you can download an application form from the website at, print it and return it in the post.

If you need assistance completing the online application or downloading a form please visit any Croydon Library.

If you're a London resident, aged 60 or over, and not yet eligible for a Freedom Pass, you may be eligible for Transport for London's 60+ London Oyster Photocard. Find out more at

If you already hold a 60+ London Photocard that is expiring and you agreed that Transport for London could share your details with London Councils when you applied, you will receive a letter from London Councils regarding the transfer to the Older Persons Freedom pass- you do not need to reapply.

Lost, Stolen or Faulty Passes

You can request a replacement for a lost, stolen or faulty freedom pass online at

Or you can call the Freedom pass helpline on 0300 330 1433

(local call rate-open Monday to Saturday 8am-8pm)

There is a £10 fee for the replacement of all lost, damaged or faulty passes.  Please have a debit or credit card ready. 

There is no charge to replace stolen passes so long as a crime reference number can be produced. 

A charge will be made to replace passes claimed to be faulty but this charge will be refunded if the card is found to be faulty once tested. 

Further information, including alternative payment methods is available on the London Councils Freedom Pass website.

A new card can be issued straight away, provided there have not been repeated incidences of lost passes occurring within the past 12 months. 

Change of name or address

Please contact the Freedom pass helpline on 0300 300 1433


Freedom Pass Helpline

0300 330 1433