Spring Park Wood
Shirley, entrances off Bridle Road, Links View Road and Oak Avenue.
7 acres 2.83 hectares.
This small area of woodland is hidden behind houses on all sides and in name is all that remains of a huge area called Spring Park Wood which reached from Ash Road to Spout Hill and Bridle Way.
In 1922 a considerable part of the woodland became a golf course from Shirley Road to Links View Road (hence the name which today appears unusual with no golf course in site), and included Kennel Wood.